Governing Body Information
The Governing Body at Pebblebed Heath is made up of 15 people representing staff, parents, the community and the Local Authority. They are all volunteers and attend approximately six meetings a year to discuss school business and learning objectives.
The Governing Body is responsible for:
- Determining the strategic direction and objectives of both schools in the federation with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement
- Setting and monitoring the school budget
- Playing a part in appointing staff; supporting the senior team; and reviewing staffing level and structures
- Ensuring policies are set, reviewed and adhered to
- Monitoring Health and Safety and management of school premises
In most instances, the first point of contact should be either your child’s class teacher or the Head of Learning. However, should you wish to contact a Governor, please contact them via the ‘Get in Touch’ portal on the front page of the website.
In addition, each governor has a delegated area of responsibility which they are required to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of.
The areas of responsibility fall under the following categories:
- School Development
- Parent and community
Summary of Governor Information: Click here
Scheme of Delegation for Governing Body: Click here