Primary School Sport Funding
Sports Funding is allocated to schools based on the number of children on roll (in Years 1-6), plus an additional flat rate. It has been indicated that schools will receive this funding for the foreseeable future.
The funding has been allocated for academic years rather than financial years.
The aim of promoting PE and School Sport is to:
• increase participation in physical activity
• make physical activities inclusive to all
• develop pupils’ lifelong love of sport and healthy wellbeing
• develop self-esteem and confidence
• promote positive behaviours and raise attainment
• train staff to develop expertise in the teaching of PE and School Sport.